COOKING WITH THE SNAP – Breakfast Tortilla
Editor’s Note: As the SNAP turns 140 this year, let’s celebrate the past with some of our favorite recipes of our grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with recipes and a small story about the famous cooks that go with the recipe. Pictures can be included of the cook.
1 Whole wheat tortilla – 6-inch size works well (I used half of burrito size tortilla)
1 Cracker slice pepper jack cheese or other cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste
Fruit of choice
1) Drizzle a little olive oil in a non-stick pan and heat on medium to medium-high heat.
2) Crack egg and place in pan (I break yolk to cook well-done)
3) Add desired salt and pepper
4) Cook egg on one side for a few minutes and turn to cook on the other side until egg is almost cooked through.
5) Place cracker slice cheese and cook until melted.
6) Heat tortilla in microwave (I heat mine on a panini press)
7) Place cooked egg and cheese in tortilla and wrap.
8) Serve with fruit and enjoy!
From the Kitchen of Lori Ivey
At Tuesday’s meeting of the Stanly County Board of Education, the board decided to give teachers one day every week... read more