Friday, January 25, 2013 — According to Stanly County Schools website, “We have just received notification of sleet in different parts of the county. Therefore, we have pushed up the original release time and will now be dismissing at 9:30. Stanly Early College will dismiss at 10:30 or as soon as buses arrive. Please contact your school with questions or concerns.”
- Local News
Stanly Early College has graduation
Thirty-four Stanly Early College students walked across the stage to receive their diplomas May 14.
- Stanly Community College conducts commencement
- Safe Kids Stanly County offers safety tips for land, water
- Stanly Early College has graduation
South Stanly wins Game Two over Hendersonville 12-5
The South Stanly baseball team evened the 1A Western Regional Series with a 12-5 win at home over Hendersonville.
- Stanly County Baseball / Softball Update
- Stanly County Baseball / Softball Playoff Update
- South Stanly wins Game Two over Hendersonville 12-5
- Opinion & Letters to the Editor
We are Uniquely Made
Earlier this week the seniors at our school had one final hurdle to jump before graduation. They had to present their senior projects before panels of community members. Each room had four adults: the moderator and the three judges. You can be sure the students were quite nervous, but they usually do a great job. If they have practiced and prepared then they should experience success.
- Ronald McDonald House of benefit to us all
- Celebrating small businesses and continuing new ways of communicating
- We are Uniquely Made
Try something new: Spinach and prosciutto salad
This isn't Mom's bacon-dressed spinach salad. The bacon has been replaced with a leaner, lighter and sweeter cured-pork product: prosciutto from Parma.
- In fan fiction, your favorite characters do what you want them to
- Kia Optima is a hit with the buying public
- Try something new: Spinach and prosciutto salad
The American Red Cross & Carowinds Team Up for Blood Drive Honoring the Military
This Memorial Day weekend, the American Red Cross and Carowinds invite people to give the gift of life, honor military men and women, and enjoy family time at their Military Appreciation blood drive.
- 2014 NASCAR Hall Of Fame Class Announced
- Charlotte Muscle Team event raises $300,000 in fight against muscle disease
- The American Red Cross & Carowinds Team Up for Blood Drive Honoring the Military
- State & National News
Boy Scouts: Yes to gay youths, no to adults
The Boy Scouts of America on Thursday ended its ban on openly gay youths but maintained a prohibition on gay adult leaders, a decision framed as a compromise but one that could lead to litigation and thousands of defections from one of America's largest youth organizations.
- Staying safe during your Memorial Day cookout
- Twitter introduces website security tool after AP account hacked
- Mayor wants tornado shelters in new homes
- Mom delivered baby as tornado struck
- Boy Scouts: Yes to gay youths, no to adults