Tuesday, March 12, 2013 —
In high school tennis matches March 7, Gray Stone swept at South Stanly, while the Bulldogs won at North Moore.
Gray Stone 9
South Stanly 0
1. John Latimer (GS) d. Alec Shue (SS) 6-0, 6-0.
2. Alex Wang (GS) d. Hunter Gray (SS) 6-3, 6-4.
3. Sam HillJennings (GS) d. Aaron Roten (SS) 6-0, 6-2.
4. Will Huckabee (GS) d. Joston Horton (SS) 6-2, 7-6 (7-1).
5. Cal Garmon (GS) d. Jesse Barrett (SS) 6-0, 6-0.
6. Jeff Lau (GS) d. Will Kepley (SS) 6-4, 6-2.
1. Latimer / HillJennings (GS) d. Shue / Roten (SS) 8-0.
2. Wang / Huckabee (GS) d. Gray / Horton (SS) 8-2.
3. C. Distin / W. Latimer (GS) d. M. Carlis / B. Hahn (SS) 8-0.
North Moore 1
1) Joel Morton (A) d. J. Jones (NM) 6-0, 6-0.
2) Bradley Batten (A) d. A. Hunsucker (NM) 6-0, 6-0.
3) Dayton Guenther (A) d. M. Williams (NM) 6-2, 6-2.
4) Grayson Dixon (A) d. J. Marley (NM) 6-2, 7-5.
5) D. Aguirre (NM) d. Truman Furr (A) 6-4, 6-2.
6) Joey Bogan (A) d. A. Gonzalez (NM) 6-3, 6-1.
1) Morton / Batten (A) d. Jones / Williams (NM) 8-0.
2) Guenther / Dixon (A) d. Hunsucker / Marley (NM) 5-1.
3) Furr / Bogan (A) d. Gonzalez/Edmunds (NM) 8-2.
Gray Stone stays undefeated with win over South Stanly; Albemarle wins at North Moore
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 —
South Stanly claims second straight 1A state title
The third and final game of the 2013 1A baseball State Finals Series mirrored the previous game, with similar visual and physical properties but reversed.
West Stanly claims 2A state title over South Granville
West Stanly varsity softball head coach Wesley Kidd shared in post-game commentary not so long ago of the way he encouraged his players to simply pick up their gloves, bats, and softballs and have a good time playing the game
Stanly County American Legion Baseball Notebook
The Stanly County senior baseball squad ended a brief three-game losing slide by winning three in a row, starting with a doubleheader in Mocksville on Saturday and continuing with a Southeast Conference home win Sunday versus Kannapolis.
Triathlon organizer David Freeze off on biking journey
A regional race enthusiast has concluded one journey and began a new.
Intimidators, GreenJackets postponed
KANNAPOLIS, N.C. (June 11, 2013) -- Monday evening's game between the Kannapolis Intimidators and Augusta GreenJackets has been postponed due to unplayable field conditions at CMC-NorthEast Stadium. The teams will make up the game on Tuesday, June 11, as part of a doubleheader comprising two 7-inning games starting at 5 p.m. Gates will open at 4:30 p.m.
Hoppes later run splits series
GREENSBORO -- The Greensboro Grasshoppers edged the Kannapolis Intimidators, 4-3 (F/7), in the second game of Sunday's doubleheader at NewBridge Bank Park. Kannapolis (23-38) comes away with a series split heading into the final home stand of the first half.
Intimidators rally for 6 in sixth
GREENSBORO -- The Kannapolis Intimidators erupted for six runs in the sixth inning to squash the Greensboro Grasshoppers, 6-1 (F/7), in Game 1 of Sunday's doubleheader at NewBridge Bank Park.
Intimidators hold on for win in Greensboro
GREENSBORO -- The Kannapolis Intimidators fought off a hard-charging Greensboro club on Saturday night, squashing the Grasshoppers, 7-6, at NewBridge Bank Park.
1A State Baseball Finals Update
Game Two of the 2013 1A state finals series between South Stanly and Midway feature 28 runs, 27 hits and 10 errors between the two teams.
State Finals Update for South baseball, West Softball
The state finals best-of-three series for South Stanly baseball and West Stanly softball kicked off Friday night.
- More Sports Headlines
- South Stanly claims second straight 1A state title